Pages

5.06.2008

mother's day





Does this boy look like his mama or what?

This is my second mother's day as a mom, and I am so thankful for the gift of motherhood. Every day I see myself in Isaiah, and it never ceases to surprise me.

I have learned a few things as a mom, and I am sure that I have a lot more to learn:

I should thank my own mom more often. Being a mom myself makes me realize how much she has sacrificed for me.

It is really impossible to control another person, regardless of how small that person is.

Going for a walk as a family can be a really special event--especially if the destination is Holli's Sweet Tooth.

It really does not impact my life significantly if I see a movie at home on my couch via Netflix instead of in the theatre.

Being a mom makes it easier to talk to strangers, especially if you have an outgoing toddler around to make introductions easier.

Babies change so fast. I cannot believe how different Isaiah is from just a few months ago, and it really makes me a little sad to think about how fast he's grown.

Sleep is such an amazing gift from God.

No comments: