In our house, we really believe in gender equality, but we do go with "areas of expertise" not based on gender so much, but on giftedness. This is why I am always the one to clean the toilet, while D. always washes the dishes. D. almost always sweeps, swiffers, and mops the floor, and I ALWAYS choose our menu for the week, make the grocery list and decide when we need to go shopping. Most of the time I enjoy this task, but sometimes, like right now when it is midterm, I have 46 papers to grade and I am pregnant and tired, this task can seem daunting.
Well, I saw this site on a blog today.
Wow, somebody came up with a great idea.
Each Thursday, they send an email with a list of meals. You choose five meals and how many people you would like to serve, and they email you a grocery list (appropriately grouped and itemized), a list of recipes, and a list of ingredients you probably already have. Wow. The meals are also healthy and creative, but include some choices for picky eaters. We have one of those in our house. Not me. Not Isaiah.
The sad thing is that this service is only free for a week. If you enter "freetrial" in the redeem a voucher box, you can try it for a week. BUT if you would like to do this for longer, it costs a little bit. That is why a subscription is all I want for Christmas. Unless it came with someone to go to the store, do the cooking, and wash all the dishes. That would be even better.
No comments:
Post a Comment