Two weeks ago this boy turned two. This boy is taking on the world and he likes to be in charge. "No, mama. I do it!" is his favorite thing to say. I am loving listening to him learn to talk. He repeats the last word of almost every phrase he hears. He loves to repeat what his big brother says the most. A few months ago, (November?) he started calling his brother "Zay-zay." It is so cute. I almost don't want him to learn to say it correctly.
Ezra loves trains. I cannot begin to articulate how much this boy loves trains. A love for trains appears to be deeply embedded in his DNA. We spend a lot of time talking about trains. He likes to take at least one train to bed with him at night. Should I worry about choking? He likes to say "coal car." He says it often.
Other loves: singing "happy birthday," his bunny (who he calls "mommy"--should I be upset?), listening to music, and pretending to rock out on the guitar.
Lately, we have been talking about Jesus a lot. We have been reading books about Jesus and praying together. He likes to fold his hands to pray. I ask him what he wants to thank God for, and he says "Daddy. Zay-zay." Every night. We also pray this prayer: "Jesus, live in my heart." Amen.
A while ago, I thought he would be potty trained early. He is not. Enough said.
It is strange to think about the lessons this boy has taught me and how they are different from what his brother taught me. Somehow, because I've done this before, I can take things a little more in stride. I don't get angry as often (but I do get angry sometimes). I know how fast little boys grow up and I want so deeply to soak up the sweetness. It is easier to know that whatever I am worried about will be a thing of the past all too soon. I am so grateful for this boy. For the sweet smile and the deep belly laugh, and for all the pretend birthday cupcakes he bakes for me. I am so grateful for the chance to be his mom.
I know I am not always a good blogger, but I really write just for myself--for my process and just to keep track of memories. So I'm sorry, future Ezra, but your birthday post is late!
No comments:
Post a Comment