Pages

6.11.2008

expanding our vocabulary





Isaiah has been saying more and more words... It is so much fun to see all that we've been teaching him come out of his mouth and be demonstrated in his actions. I'm loving it! I've always been a verbal girl myself, though.

Here is a non-exhaustive list of things Isaiah says:

All right!
Oh Boy!
Cheese
Down
WOW!
Book (without the k)
Mmmm (as in tasty)
nana (as in banana)
Bye bye (accompanied by a wave)
Hi (accompanied by a different wave)

and finally, night-night, which is possibly the cutest one of all. Imagine him snuggled up with Bear and or Tiger, smiling up at you saying "ni-ni" and waving a sweet little wave. It is super cute, and also one of the reasons I am grateful for Uncle Miles and Aunt Ashley's recommendation of the awesome baby sleeping book which we have diligently followed.

Of course, this list does not include names of people or pets.

He also demonstrates his expanding vocabulary by recognizing words that we say. On Saturday, he was playing with his toy airplane, and I said something like "show me your airplane." He immediately stopped playing, stood, and pointed up! I guess he hasn't made the connection between those awesome noises we hear when a plane is overhead and that little wooden toy, but he is certainly fascinated with planes!

2 comments:

Piedmont College Nursing Students said...

You should take Isaiah to the airport on game days. We used to take Isaac all the time. There are so many planes landing on those days. Last year one man let us on the runway to look at his jet! Isaac loved it! If Isaiah likes planes, he'll think it's awesome! Love you guys!

Ashlee said...

Precious little (smart) guy! Can't wait to see you guys again SOON! I love you!