Pages

12.17.2008

Going it alone

I am spoiled. I am married to the most wonderful man; he is an amazing father and husband. He is so involved with raising Isaiah, and there is no job that is too "womanly" for him. Okay, so he doesn't make the grocery list, but still. So what this means is that I often have someone to call upon when I need help with Isaiah. You know... when the 34-week pregnant woman can't get up off the floor... or she can't pick up her son and carry him around like she used to... she can ask her sweet husband to help. 

But what happens when her husband goes away for a few days? He was going to a conference that is appropriately titled "Refresh." It is a conference for United Methodist Campus Ministers. A lot of his good friends were going to be there. How could I complain? I was a little nervous, I must admit. Three days all by myself with our high-energy boy. 

I have to say that we have made it. We are going to pick D. up at the airport in the morning. I have had a wonderful time hanging out with Isaiah. We played, we baked blueberry muffins together, Ella and Addie came over to play, and Isaiah also happened to sleep until close to 8 every morning. Sometimes I worry so much about making it without D. that I wish for the time to fly by, but I am grateful for a few days for Isaiah and I to spend together. He is such a blessing. And when he wakes up at 5 am and says to me "I wanna hug," what else is a mom to do? I hugged him. He went back to sleep. And he slept until 8:10.

Now if we can only make it to the airport in the morning...

No comments: