
Our wedding day--July 24, 2004
8 years ago today D. Merricks and I had what all good Asbury College students know (or knew) as the DTR. Maybe they don't call it that any more.

Our first wedding anniversary--July 24, 2005
DTR stands for "Define the Relationship." D. and I took the time to discuss the status of our relationship on February 13, 2001. On that day we went from the ambiguous friends who hang out ALL the time to boyfriend and girlfriend, and we have been falling in love more and more every day since then.

September, 2005--our first 5K together
(yes, my race number was 666)
We like to celebrate February the 13th as our own special day instead of celebrating on Valentine's Day. You might think it's very romantic that we chose this day to begin our relationship. You might think that D. is a very romantic kind of guy. This is not the case. For our first Valentine's Day as a couple, he got me a bunch of bananas. No roses or chocolates. No poetry or love songs. You'll have to ask him to tell the story of why. He is learning to be more romantic as time passes. Maybe I'm weird, but I don't think there is anything more romantic than a man who almost always washes the dishes, who spends hours playing with our children, who holds my hand while I am in labor, and who makes me laugh every day. I don't need chocolates. (I do like flowers, though.)

October, 2006--pregnant with Isaiah
The past 8 years have been such a blessing. I am grateful for D. and his love and friendship. He helps me grow, he encourages me, and I am so blessed to share my life with him.
I also have to add an extra thank you to John Morley for introducing us, to Gigi Bell, for helping me find out whether or not D. had a girlfriend, and to David Bush for telling D. that he better have a talk with me on that day 8 years ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment