If you are one of those people in the world who is too modest or polite to talk about poop, then please don't read this. I warned you. You also might not want to come over to my house or possibly have a conversation with me, ever. Just sayin'.
Around late August/September of last year, we decided that Isaiah was probably ready to potty train. We entered the process cautiously. We were a little nervous. We used many of the tricks you might have heard about, and Isaiah did great. With peeing on the potty. He really picked it up quickly. The problem was with the poop. We waited patiently for him to figure that one out. Then we waited not-so-patiently. Then we got frustrated. Then we reminded ourselves that surely, surely he would go on the potty before kindergarten, or at least before he went away to college. So I will spare you the details and let you know that as of three weeks ago Isaiah has figured it all out and is completely potty-trained! Woo hoo! Yes, you read that correctly. The potty-training process took approximately nine months. And really, in the end, it was nothing we did to help him along. He just sort of decided that it was time.
So you might understand my skepticism regarding last week: Ezra wanted to sit on the potty. Isn't that cute? He wants to be like his brother. So I let him. He insisted again the next day, and it was before bath so he was diaper-free. Surprise! He pooped on the potty! Cautious excitement? Not really. But the next day he did it again. And the next day. The kid knows how to go on the potty. So three times a day, he does. But he is only seventeen months old! I am thinking that it won't last. Or maybe he is some kind of potty prodigy? If you have advice on how I can avoid messing up the prodigy, let me know. For now, we are just letting him go on the potty several times a day and still wear diapers.
Don't worry, I'll be sure to remove this information from the internet before Isaiah turns 12 so as to avoid any kind of embarrassment or mockery from his peers.

3 comments:
I would also remove the picture of Ezra. As cute as it is, it could very well be mortifying.
Potty training success! How awesome about Ezra! Maybe he just picked up on all your teaching and coaching with Isaiah.
Post a Comment